The rise of social and mobile platforms creates endless new data streams, posing complex analytical challenges and tantalizing new consumer insights.
This September in Chicago, Federated Media Publishing’s Signal series of executive conferences will investigate how marketers can identify and decode the practices, companies and partnerships that can help drive success in the new ecosystem of technology and data platforms. To drive this discourse, FMP has assembled a stellar group of thought leaders from technology, media and marketing industries, all in one city, on one day, focused on one topic.
We’re thrilled to unveil the first round of confirmed speakers, and invite you to join us as we take an in-depth look at brands and consumer insights from a mobile, local, social, and real-time digital technology perspective at our second annual Signal: Chicago, September 11, 2012.
Meet this year’s speakers:
A sampling of our extraordinary lineup: Linda Boff (GE), Laura Desmond (Starcom MediaVest), Rik van der Kooi (Microsoft Advertising), Andrew Mason (Groupon).
The current lineup, with another ten or so on the way:
Anna Bager - Vice President and General Manager of the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence at the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- As VP and GM at the IAB’s Mobile Marketing Center, Bager is responsible for driving growth in the mobile marketing, advertising, and media markets.
John Battelle - Executive Chairman, Federated Media Publishing
- Founder of FM, veteran of half a dozen startups in the media and technology worlds, and editor of the daily FM Signal. Sign up to get Battelle’s curated links from around the web about the business of marketing, technology, and digital culture.
Linda Boff - Global Executive Director, Digital, Advertising & Design at GE
- Boff is responsible for setting GE’s global strategy for digital marketing, social media, and content. She was recently recognized by B2B Magazine as their ‘2012 Digital Marketer of the Year’.
Deanna Brown - CEO at Federated Media Publishing
- With extensive experience in conversational marketing and media, not to mention stints at Conde Nast, Yahoo, Scripps and AOL, Brown is championing independent publishers as relevant brands and their content that fuels the social web.
Ronda Carnegie - Head of Global Partnerships, TED
- Carnegie’s daily mission as Head of Global Partnerships at TED is to employ global advertising agencies in leveraging TED’s premium content, while creating programs that support transformative ideas for TED’s brand growth.
Laura Desmond - CEO, Starcom MediaVest Group
- As one of the youngest CEOs to lead a global marketing services company, Laura Desmond has a prodigious ability to tally up business wins. Under her command, Starcom MediaVest Group has been awarded numerous honors on local, regional and global levels.
Gil Elbaz - CEO, Factual
- A serial entrepreneur and pioneer of natural language technology, Elbaz is working on solving the world’s (sometimes unknown) data problem. See this year’s NYT feature on Factual here.
Jonah Goodhart - Co-Founder & CEO, MOAT
- Goodhart has been a fixture in the technology industry for over 14 years. And he’s also pretty hilarious. Watch his video session on the Attention Economy, presented earlier this year at Signal P&G.
Scott Howe - CEO & President, ACXIOM
- Through Acxiom’s solutions & services, Howe enables marketers to successfully manage audiences, personalize consumer experiences, and create profitable customer relationships. His prior experience at Acquantive and later Microsoft make him a unique voice in our industry.
George John - CEO of Rocket Fuel
- Rocket Fuel uses artificial intelligence to extract the greatest value from advertising to deliver campaigns that learn, adapt and optimize in real-time. 66 of Ad Age’s Top 100 Leading National Advertisers, 39 of the of the Fortune 100, and hundreds of great and growing brands have used Rocket Fuel to power their digital display, video, mobile, and social advertising.
Andrew Mason - CEO of Groupon
- Mason has become an entrepreneurial figurehead for Chicago with Groupon’s fast rise to success; last year’s highly-publicized IPO put a stake in the ground for Chicago’s burgeoning technology industry.
John Mellor - VP Strategy & Business Development, Adobe
- As VP of Strategy & Business Development at Adobe, John Mellor works to amplify the value and influence of Adobe’s Digital Marketing Suite. Mellow leads the Adobe Genesis partner program and develops strategic partnerships in the areas of digital marketing, advertising, publishing, and social media.
Scott Meyer - Founder & CEO, Evidon
- Scott Meyer has an active role in empowering consumers and businesses to view, understand and control data online through his deep partnership with the IAB’s “Ad Choices” program.
Jonathan Strauss - Co-Founder & CEO, Awe.sm
- Wait till you hear from Awe.sm, an exciting startup that provides a platform for companies to harness social data.
Rik van der Kooi - Corporate VP, Microsoft Advertising Business Group (MSA BG)
- The Microsoft Advertising brand generates in excess of US$4 billion annually, and Rik van der Kooi is the man behind the curtain, spending his days building and scaling Microsoft’s search and display advertising, watching over the company’s global digital ecosystem of partners.
Eric Wheeler - CEO, 33Across
- In his past life, Wheeler was the CEO of Neo@Ogilvy and Executive Director of Ogilvy Interactive North America. His expertise led him to start 33Across, a social analytics company that periodically releases data that digital marketers should get smart on.
We’ll be adding more speakers over the coming weeks.
This year’s Signal: Chicago event will be held at the W Hotel City Center. Buy your tickets today.