There’s a history to it.
The Signal conference series was launched in 2011 in response to the success of FMP’s flagship Conversational Marketing Summit. Going on its fifth year, CM Summit is where the Internet meets Madison Avenue, in a way, with more of a Web 2.0 feel.
And that’s where the High Order Bit comes in. Though there’s been an evolution to the conferences, two things must remain consistent. For a great conference, you must supply:
- intelligent stage content, with a bias toward strong editorial themes in programming
- the best attendee experience possible.
To that end, John Battelle (and his rockstar events team) has mastered the art of gathering the right speakers and attendees for a dynamic, high energy, rapid-fire day of presentations from CEOs and visionaries alike. Interspersed between focused 1-on-1 conversations, curated Sponsor Spotlights, and priceless lessons from brand Case Studies… we have the High Order Bit.
A standalone presentation that focuses on a super smart nugget of information; expands it to WOW the audience with: trends, data, insights. This term comes from computing, where a high order bit is the most significant bit in a binary number; it’s the bit with the greatest value.
Here are some folks who’ve presented High Order Bits on the CM Summit stage:
- Internet Trends (Mary Meeker, Partner, KPCB)
- How Mobile / Social Will Change Real World Marketing (Dennis Crowley, Co-founder, foursquare)
- The Age of AI & the Quantification of Advertising (Konrad Feldman, CEO, Quantcast)
- A Look into the Future of Personal Data & Marketing (Jeremie Miller, Co-founder, Singly)
Additionally, here are some excellent Case Study presentations, where brands showcase their digital thought-leadership through the use of new technologies:
- YouTube Branded Entertainment: STAGES (Suzie Reider, CMO, YouTube)
- Brand Fueled Content (Joel Lunenfeld, then CEO of Moxie Interactive, now VP Global Brand Strategy at Twitter)
Visit the FMP Events Video Channel for more sessions.
Listen and learn from more independent publishers, technology executives, and brands at the upcoming CM Summit, held May 14-15th in New York City.